Thursday, April 14, 2011

SO GREAT!!

People are always asking "How are you guys doing??" and I never REALLY know what to say... We are adjusting- having 2 kids (instantly) is WAY different than being a carefree couple. So we are learning lots and really getting a rythem and daily routine going. There are bad, stressful days and there are wonderful days- such is life with a 3 and 4 year old! But I am thrilled to report that both of the kids seem to be blossoming!! I am SO EXCITED!! When He first got here he didn't know his ABC's at all and tried to do puzzles and basicly smashed random peices together...Now he can sing his ABC's (the J&N still give him a little trouble) but the best part is that he knows what sounds they make and he is starting to write them!! Yesterday he was playing with letters on our fridge and he said ALL their names and sounds!!! WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!! He can do puzzles ALL BY HIMSELF!! The other day he did a whole puzzle book -6 puzzles!! He is chatty and seems to be well ajusted. He is learning new things every day! He walks around singing "Follow the Prohet" (from Primary) -its strange to think that a year ago the social workers thought he was deaf because he didn't talk for 3 months! SHE is doing great too!! She is using her words more to express what she wants and seems to be really excited about going to school and having friends there. She is not wearing pull-ups to bed anymore!! She is starting to become more independent- when she first got here she was attached at my hip, which was fine with me, but I am happy that she can find things to do that she enjoys! She can get dressed by herself and (the best thing) she can buckle herself into her carseat!! I am excited to see what progress she makes now that she is at school!! If I didn't already know that they were ment to be in our family this would show me!! I am so happy they are doing so well! I hope I can help them continue to progress!

4 comments:

Doranda said...

I am glad you guys are doing well!

Mary-Anne said...

That's great. I'm so happy for you guys. I still don't even know the story behind these 2 or what's really even going on, but I am happy that you guys are happy!

Talitha said...

that's great! I love seeing them grow and mature all the time too!

Grace and Scott said...

Haha!! There's something about "Follow the Prophet" that is so dang catchy! My kids stomp around the house singing it, too!