Friday, April 15, 2011

If I were Rich!

So when I have to Budget-Seriously Budget I start fantasizing about how things would be different If we were rich. I daydream about HUGE houses and really nice cars... I have even drawn out a house plan for IF we ever get to build my dream house!!
So my post today is about what little things I would do if we were suddenly RICH!! REALLY RICH!! I am going to skip over all the typical stuff- Buy new house, buy new cars, buy close family or friends new House/car and give lots to Charity!! This list if for all the OTHER stuff....


1. I would buy name brand! I generally don't mind buying off brand or store brand stuff- I have tested and tried and I know which ones are good and which ones are NOT! But there are SOME things that just CANNOT compare to the name brand- Charmin Toilet paper, Tide detergent, Kraft Macaroni and cheese!! Sometimes I would love to go into a grocery store and not be adding in my head as I go....
2. I would Buy Emma and Scott a house! I know this seems like I am breaking my own rule- But this is TOTALLY different. I would MOVE Emma's Family to Washington!! Buy them a BIG house with-in a 15 to 20 minute radius and pay it off, and Electricity and utilities...So that Scott could quit his job and find a new one-one that may not pay as well, but with no Mortgage that would be fine! Great Idea right?
3. We would have a baby! We were going to do IVF, we decided not to...but one of the most SCARY things is that you are going to invest $12,000-$13,000 into something and you might get back a baby OR you might get back NOTHING!! So if I were rich I would at least try...
4. I would hire a Photographer! I am not a very good picture taker- and even when I remember to get my camera out I only get pictures of the kids, Bruce and Malachi, none of ME! So I would love to have a Photographer come out twice a month and follow us around and get pictures of us doing the fun stuff- going to the zoo, playing at the fair.
5.I would get braces- or maybe I would just take all my teeth out and get verniers....
6. I would have a BEAUTIFULLY landscaped yard! I LOVE large yards with lots of fragrant flowers and rockery and water features, but I hate to garden- we are lucky if we get our lawn mowed. So I would hire a landscaper to bring in Mature lilacs, hydrangeas, wisterias, Cherry blossoms and mums and make the yard look amazing- then I would have a yard boy (preferably cute) to keep it up!


7. I would wear brand new socks every day! I love the feeling of new socks and I hate trying to find the matches to old socks (where do they all go???) I would buy new socks and wear a pair for one day and then get rid of them!
8. I would go to Counseling! I am the first to admit that I have lots of issues, So I would LOVE to have a Counselor to figure all those issues out. Malachi and I could work on our marriage, I could learn more about the kids and how to better help them develop and I could work through my own personal issues with anger and my weight!!
9.I Would go on LOTS of Vacations! Not big expensive Vacations...but I would love to be able to fly to Idaho (if Emma still lived there) twice a year!! Or Fly up to Alaska to visit family and friends!! Or over to Utah and visit Family!
10. I would go back to school! It would be really cool to take some night classes. I would love to learn more about Biology, Geography and all the other sciences (maybe a LITTLE Chemistry) So What would you do if you were RICH?????

No comments: