Thursday, December 1, 2011

Passing on my Love for couponing...

I love to coupon....I love the rush of finding a good deal, combinging a store coupon with a manufactured coupon!
My favorite is find a good deal on somthing I really NEED! Often you can find free toothbrushes, but how many toothbrushes can a family use? But the other day I got 10 (yep 10) Yo-plait Yo-gurts for 50 cents TOTAL!! And we really eat a TON of Yo-gurt so this was great!
The other really fun thing about couponing is when I get to share my good deals! A few weeks ago I found an Amazing deal on Cream of Chicken soup and Del-monte peaches! I had to call my Dad- He gets as excited as I do about double coupons!! So he went out and got some too!
Now that I have kids I am starting to pass along my passion for saving money (wahoo) When I tell them we are going shopping, Andrew will often ask "do you have your coupons?" They help me look for the stuff thats on sale, and they know if I have a coupon we get to try somthing new!

They love finding money on the ground and saving it into their piggy banks! We are going to open saving accounts for them soon and start putting their money into a real bank! Andrew is already starting to help me fill out my deposit slips and they know when they put money into the bank they get a Dum-dum lolly pop (They have them at our bank!)

I hope we can teach them how to manage money and avoid the pitfalls of debt...it's so important and will help them their whole life. So many people don't teach their kids how to Save, Spend and Give, thats why so many people are up to their eyeballs in debt!

No comments: