Tuesday, March 31, 2009

LOST!

So the Crazy lady that owned our house before us had STACKS of broken concrete and she apparently had a rock faddish!
In Her front yard she strung "soaker" hoses all around her plants, then laid down black plastic over all the gardens and covered all the plastic with gravel ...then around each tree, plant, bush, pathway, she put big boulders...I understand her thinking (low maintenance) but it looks dreadful AND and who does that?

Anyways....Mother is on spring break this week and gave me one day, she came over with the trailer and we loaded up all the broken concrete and as many rocks as we could. We were going to bring them to Jerm's work (Washington Rock Quarries) so we drive up to around where it is and start up the road....Up, UP, Up. Mom is getting nervous because she cannot back up the trailer to turn around... we keep going farther and farther, Long story short...we drove around LOST for at least an hour and 15 minutes, I ran up a few roads, asked a random guy where we were, went up so high we hit snow, then we ended up going to the wrong WRQ and had to have a guy drive us over to the correct one... we FINNALY get there and unload our HUGE load of rocks and concrete...(now remember this took us like 1 1/2 hours to load)....that pile looked SO tiny comparatively to all the Mountains of rocks….we got a load of Top soil-to replace to the rocks in my gardens! And went home…we unloaded the top soil…it umm…It smells like POOP, I know it will be prefect for my gardens, but my neighbors looked at it funny when they went to get their mail!

Okay one last story…Jerm drives a Explorer for work, when we were following him my mother asked, “how does his car get so dirty?” and I said “he works in a dirty place” and she was like “ yeah but how does it get above the windows?” about 4 minutes after that comment we were following him down the hill and he flew thru a HUGE puddle that splashed WAY up over his windows….Best part of the story is his drivers side was OPEN!

1 comment:

The Abel family said...

I can't wait to see all the work you've done on your yard. I bet it looks great!