Friday, March 20, 2009

4 cups of raisins and a pineapple!



So I work at a grocery store, and I get the craziest customers.
One older lady came up with a basket full of things, starting unloading and asked “is 4 cups of raisins a lot?” and I said that depends on what she is using them for “cookies?” and she said it was for her granddaughter to eat…..Well that will give her instant diarrhea. Come to find out the granddaughter is a big eater garbage-disposal summo wrestler of a kid, and the grandma was going to have to baby-sit and didn’t have any snacks…well Lady 4 cups of raisins is not it!

So then later a different lady came up with her daughter and had a basket of various items, on thing was a whole pineapple, when I got to that she said “I don’t eat the stem, take it off before you weight it.” I kinda thought she was joking, but she was serious. I told her that I couldn’t do that and this is how pineapples are sold, she started yelling and saying how I was ripping her off and she wasn’t paying for anything she wasn’t eating. I just let her rant and rave and she left. All of could think of is- lady there are fresh cut pineapple over in produce if you only want to pay for what you eat-BUT those are considered “Trimmed” so they are more expensive! DUH!

3 comments:

Elisa said...

That's funny that she was serious about not paying for the stem! You'll have fun stiries to tell your kids!

Adrienne said...

seriously.....all I can say is wow.

Unknown said...

Oh I love stupid customers. I work in the middle of the night so we get stupid AND weird customers. All at once. All I can say is you are never bored with a customer service job. There is always an idiot to keep you on your toes (can you tell I just got off work?)lol.