Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween is FUN again...



When I was little I thought Halloween was the BEST Holiday ever! I got to dress up and be BEAUTIFUL and walk around and people would GIVE ME candy---What could be better?

However after I got OLD (around 11 or 12) I started to HATE Halloween- Everyone around me seemed to think that Halloween was about disgusting blood and being scary (remember the Candy people?) The older I got the worse I HATED it.... All I herd about was Halloween party's where everyone got drunk and watched a REALLY scary movie. AND I HATE the costumes- people always seemed to be dressed up as a Hookers (slutty witch, slutty doctor...) or have dead body parts or blood oozing out of them- AHHH what ever happened to the fairy princess costume? I would NOT go into Halloween stores, I avoided dressing up and turned off my porch light on Halloween night!I seriously HATED Halloween!

Thankfully this year the FUN was put Back in to HALLOWEEN! With Kids everything is Fun again! We went to the Pumpkin patch, went to a Fall festival, made pumpkin cookies, went to a carnival Halloween party, colored Spooky pictures, wore festive Halloween clothes with Happy pumpkins and silly Ghosts on them, painted pumpkins and went Trunk or Treating...All the things I LOVE about Halloween!
I just love this time of year---I love the harvest, canning, apple cider, carving pumpkins, Candy corn, scarves and hats! I love scare crows and fresh bales of Hay! And I love dressing my kids up as their greatest hero's! She was a Princess (Snow White) and He was Buzz Lightyear (From Toy Story) and they had a BLAST!!! I am So glad Halloween is more than blood and Guts!

Update: Are you counting down with us???We are starting to get excited, Only 17 Days LEFT!!!!!!!!

No comments: