Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Scout and Mandy

When I was young we had horses...I did 4-H for awhile and rode some. I eventually decided that I was More interested in Choir and Drama then horses- I don't regret my decision because I LOVE to sing, but sometimes I wish I would have realized how amazing it was to own a horse! I don't think I took full advantage of it when I lived at home. I have been wanting to go riding for a long time, and haven't been able to find someone to ride with- or somewhere to ride! A few months ago I decided that I wanted to go and that I wanted to take my Dad along with me because I know he loves to ride too and doesn't get much opportunity to ride either. My Dad and I used to hang out ALL the time, go out to breakfast, go on road trips....but busy lives have gotten in the way of our quality alone time!
So I researched and researched and found a trail- riding dude ranch and called my Dad and asked if I could have a date- I didn't tell him anything else!


This was my horse- it's name was Scout!

It was REALLY hard to keep the secret for so long- because my dad is REALLY hard to surprise, but I did! So Saturday morning my dad came to my house bright and early and picked me up and we went out to breakfast!




This was Dad's Horse- it's name was Mandy

Then we headed over to Easton (kinda by Ellensburg) He HAD NO IDEA where we were going!!
We got out of the car and he finally realized what was happening- but then got a little nervous because he was not dressed for ridding- he was wearing flip-flops!

Luckily he taught me well and I was fully prepared with a duffel bag full of riding clothes for him (I had raided his dresser earlier that week) so he had boots, hats, socks, the whole shebang- What a sneaky girl!!





So it was a fun ride! I have never done anything like that- we went up mountains- crossed this river 5 times, went through woods and saw some beautiful countryside! It was great! Fortunately the weather was nice for us and we had a great time!




I have to admit I was a little soar the next day- but I was so grateful to have such a fun day! Something I very seldom get to do- and do it with my dad!







1 comment:

Mary-Anne said...

That is so sweet! How fun. I bet your dad LOVED that you took the time to plan something like that for the two of you. That makes me want to go on a date with my dad!