Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008!

Despite my best efforts the New Year always brings along some uncertainty with how my life is going. I see everyone around me and suddenly I feel discontent with what I am doing. I never do resolutions, I just try to sort out how life is…and is it okay?
This is what I know…. I have a wonderful husband, great family, a good house, and a fine job. What I want more than anything else in the world is to be a stay at home mom, and so far the universe is against me. So until then I will have to work with what I can control and try to let go of what I cannot (easier said than done)

What I like about myself
 I am very practical
 I am prepared
 I am close with my family
 I have a good work ethic

What I don’t like about myself:
 I don’t take time to have “fun”
 I bend over backwards so that everything can run smoothly for others
 I get annoyed often with my husband in the name of “maturity”
 I am extremely self-coconscious
 I am really bad at making or keeping friends

Things that were really fun in 2008
 I visited the Haney’s
 Malachi and I went to the Puyallup fair- all day
 Buying a house!
 Momma and I got to go to Garage sales a little bit
 I got a promotion at work and I am learning a lot

Things that really sucked in 2008:
 Dealing with the previous home owner on our house
 NOT being able to have a baby- ALL YEAR
 Working on Sundays- almost always

Things I would really like to do, but most likely wont:
 Take Piano lessons
 Take a biology class at Pierce
 Get a puppy
 Go visit the Haney’s
 Quit my job

Things I would like to work on improving
 Controlling my Temper
 Becoming active in the church
 Working on more crafty projects
 Getting a bit more organized around my house

Things I am looking forward to in 2009
 Working on our house
 Going to Reunion
 Garage sales with Momma
 Playing with the Chappell girls
 Shopping


So, as 2009 starts I am going to look foward to those things I can control, and maybe a few fertility treatments to work on the things I can't. I wish everyone a Happy new year!

No comments: