Saturday, January 14, 2012

What is this D-A-T-E you speak of...

We needed a date like seriously bad- we went on 2 dates in 2011 (one in January and one in July)I guess that's what happens when you have young kids....I know people say you need to date your spouse regularly, but I think they mean more than once ever six months!


At first I didn't really feel like going because I didn't want to leave the kids and I'd had a crappy day and wanted to just stay home and go to bed early, but It was SO nice to re-connect with Malachi, sit and talk, and relax! We went out to Mazatlan for dinner and then went and saw the movie "We Bought a Zoo", I had read a book a few years ago based on this story and I was excited to see it!

I really liked the movie and we went to a fancy theater with SUPER comfortable recliner chairs! Malachi even brought me home fresh flowers! I am such a lucky wife! Maybe we should do it again sometime- I'll mark it on the calender for July!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean! It is so hard when you have little kids and you have to find a babysitter. My mom is just about the only one who babysits for us so we don't want to use her up TOO often. I can't wait for the day that Keira is old enough to babysit so we can go out maybe even once a week!