Thursday, February 5, 2009

“Work in progress”


I go back and forth on how I feel about our house…I do like it, this house has lots of character and is defiantly unique. It was a great deal, especially considering the economy and housing market and it has a lot of potential. It’s big and we will be able to grow into it…but every once in a while I get discouraged with how much “fixing” there is to do. Malachi and I are not carpenters and we do not have money, so we end up making home improvements, little by little, as we go along, and begging the talented people around us for help. Our house always is a “work in progress” and never seems to look “GOOD” Sometimes it feels like it will never end! I guees that is the burden of being a home owner, but when I show people our house I am always embarrassed as the unfinished look (ex. no baseboards). One day we will be rich and we can buy a cute finished house, until then….Another trip to Home Depot?

3 comments:

Tyra said...

you'll love looking back and remembering all the work you put into your homem and you'll love it even more. I miss our first house for those exact reasons!

Unknown said...

I agree (not about your house, about mine.) At least yours has room to grow. Be thankful for that.

The Abel family said...

I know exactly how you feel. I don't have baseboards in my kitchen now, because we are remodeling. Who knows for how long :)