Friday, February 27, 2009

So this is our old Kitchen and dinning area floor. On the surface it looks okay, however it is white, who puts white in a kitchen especially when it is a main entrance to the house? So I was bleaching it every week or so and it still always looked like crap, and there were rips and warn trails in it! So I decided I wanted a new floor….

I was originally going to lay the new floor over the old one…but I ripped up the corner and whoever put it down did not use glue or any other type of adhesive… since it ripped up SO easily, I pulled it. Underneath was this Yellow with bronze speckles 60’s type floor!



I went to home depot and picked out what I wanted...I did the "lick-em and Stick-em" squares (since it was such and awkward area) and since I was doing it by myself. So after Several house and wishing I had my knee pads from work...Whala!



I LOVE IT! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN and I feel So acomplished! and it looks way better with the Red wall....If I had the money to make the tile counter-top granite it would tottaly have a tuscan feel!

1 comment:

Tyra said...

very nice! I love home improvement :)