Friday, July 8, 2011

The Gavel

So when the gavel goes down in court it will be AS IF I myself had given birth to these two children, No one can ever take them away from us and after we are sealed in the temple they will be mine for eternity.... .... I cannot wait until that day, in fact I am starting to get a little anxious for it to come! Our situation is very stable, the parents rights are severed, we are the "official adoptive couple" and generally we really feel like a family, just waiting for paperwork.
However every once in awhile I am reminded of the restrictions we are still under...we cannot get a babysitter, or open bank savings accounts, or put their cute pictures on my blog...I excited for the day when I don't have use their legal name and when we are an eternal family!!

Anyone else feel like this is taking forever?? Just me?? oh well, only another month or so- I Hope!

4 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm sorry it seems like it is taking forever...hopefully it will go by quickly for you. I can't wait to see pictures of them, well, and to actually meet them! Good luck with everything.

Unknown said...

Just think of this as your pregnancy. You don't know when the big day will be but you have an approximate date, you are worried and uncomfortable, you can't get rid of them for one minute and you can't wait for you time as a real family to start! Sound like every single one of my pregnancies! I can't wait for this big day for you!

Grace and Scott said...

I hear ya, sister! Yesterday was our 2-year anniversary of when we got all three kids, and I can't WAIT until it's all over with and done! I'm so happy it's going well and you've got your loving wonderful family!

Grace and Scott said...

I just have to leave another comment because the word verification thing for this one is "butthouse!" Haha!