Monday, November 5, 2012

Thanksmas

So Last week I started putting our Christmas decorations up...
 
I know a lot of people think I am CRAZY to start this early,but I love it, and seriously there is just not enough time in-between Thanksgiving and Christmas to prepare for all the festivities and soak up all the Christmas magic. Decoration are up, started wrapping a few presents every night after the kids go to be, Malachi will put lights up next week, then I will finish up my shopping on black Friday and not have a care in the world except listening to Christmas music and drinking peppermint hot coco.
 When we went shopping this weekend we walked though all the stores Christmas sections!
 I've already started planning out our activities for December, I am going to try to take us to a bridge lighting, tree lighting, Ice skating, pictures with Santa, do gingerbread houses, sugar cookies...... and maybe some more stuff too?

BUT don't worry we are not "Forgetting" about Thanksgiving- Last night we did Thankful Turkeys as a family- mine is the biggest, I think that's because I have the most to be thankful for!

2 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

I love it! I would totally put up my Christmas decorations earlier if Nathanael would let me. I've always thought that Thanksgiving and Christmas kind of go together anyway. :) Although I do like having my autumn decorations up a little longer... :)

Jacquelyn said...

I always though t they should move Thanksgiving to Oct close to Halloween. Then it would be easier to travel and visit people over the Thanksgiving holiday and you would have a longer time for Christmas celebrating.