Sunday, September 30, 2012

Andrew's 6th Baseball Party!

Andrew's Birthday was Tuesday but we had his party on Saturday!
 Thank you so much to everyone that came, it really meant a lot to Andrew (and me) that so many people love him!
 I think everything turned out pretty well- although I officially am checking off cake decorator from my list of possible careers- but the cupcakes were yummy anyway!
The Center pieces turned out great- but it was a little too windy for Balloons
 Lots of food- I think this is the last picnic we will get in this summer!
 After we ate everyone went over to the baseball diamond and played a little recreational game of baseball- they must have all had a REALLY good time playing because they were all so busy no body took pictures!
 After Baseball we did a Pinata- This was lots of fun- all the kids got a chance to whack the ball....
 And the "watcher kept inching closer and closer...and we would have to back them up so they didn't get hit
 But after we went though all the kids the stupid thing still wouldn't break ( I love this picture Anika is completely in mid-air)
 
When it finally broke Everyone was SO excited and jumped for all the candy
 Then we all had a piece and got ready to watch Andrew open his presents
 Oh but we had to sing Happy Birthday First- even though we had already eaten our cupcakes
 Then we opened presents- Andrew got LOTS of really cool stuff, but it was a lot to take it with all the people and the excitement...
 But this morning was when he really got to enjoy all of his gifts. We went though the basket one by one and would open it/put batteries in it and see how cool it was and talk about who gave it to him!
 I had been praying for good weather for Andrew's party since it was outside, but now that it's all over Fall can come- so I put my Fall wreath on the door!

2 comments:

Talitha said...

The cupcakes were cute. I'm glad I could share in the fun. I think Doranda got a few baseball pics. Oh ya and I forgot to sign the bat! Is it to late???

Danielle said...

So cute! Looks like it turned out so well. Happy birthday to Andrew!