Friday, August 7, 2009

On a bicycle built for two!


Not us…but you get the picture!


LONG story short….Malachi likes to bike, we finally (through going to garage sales and my mother) got two decent bikes and went bicycling tonight. I never fancied myself the bicycling type but it was surprisingly fun, don’t get me wrong my legs are SO soar, but it was fun!

Long story Long

So as many of you may or may not know, since the day I met Malachi he has been an avid recreational bike rider. In Ellensburg he had a really cool Shwin, and unfortunately that was stolen from in front of our apartment (yes there is crime in Ellensburg) Our bishop at the time was so helpful and showed up one night to give me a blessing and brought a bike…he insisted it was a piece of junk, but it look really nice and new. That unfortunately was also stolen from behind our duplex after we moved to this side of the mountains.
Since then Malachi has wanted a bike, but me being the cheapskate I am would not spend a dime for fear that it would be stolen. So we moved to our house and we finally have a garage (oops “new garage” posting to come) so my parents said he could have an old ‘pink’ bike. Hey, that’s better than a stick in the eye! Then last weekend I found a perfectly reasonable bike, for a reasonable price ($10) at a garage sale. So I took the pink bike and he took the grey bike….$40 later in bike seats and we went on a bike ride up to PLU….stupid hills, much more fun to go down than up….I felt like I was in a sitcom!

No comments: