Monday, July 20, 2009

Two Years!



I cannot believe Malachi and I have married for 2 years. Malachi feels like our time together has been short, but I cannot remember how I lived my life before he came into it. We need each other…if we had not got married Malachi would probably still be living in Ellensburg, working at part time at McDonalds, going to college but with no real Major or goal in mind, and with his biggest achievement being his movie collection. He is the kind of man that needs a little push to thrive! Luckily I am great at pushing! He has grown so much since the day I met him! He is amazing, he has worked hard to have a wonderful Carrier,to be the provider and protector of our home and I know one day he will be a great Dad!
I need him as much as he needs me. I am the first to admit I have LOTS of issues and I am sure I could have found/tricked someone else to marry me…but they probably would have been running for the hills by now. Malachi has by my side through everything and has been the most supportive and patient man I could have ever prayed for. Our life has defiantly NOT gone the course I thought or had hoped it would, but as Malachi so fervently reminds me its still an okay path. Because of my high expectations I am disapointed a lot, but Malachi finds the joy in the here an now… he forces me to stop and appreciate where we are now.
During our first year of marriage when we lived in our tiny one bedroom apartment in Ellensburg I was sure that this was the time that we would grow together the most…little did I know that owning a home, going through fertility treatments and miscarriages in our second year would strengthen our marriage even more.
I look forward to the many years ahead…hopefully full of family, children, joys and stability.

3 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

What a good day to have an anniversary! :) Hope you guys had a great day!!

Tianna said...

Congratulations! Time goes so quickly. I understand about not appreciating what you have now. I am trying to do better at that myself. Enjoy each day to the fullest :) I hope I get to see you both soon!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! That doggy of yours is too cute! It reminds me of my grandma's cat that she used to have. It had really long fur but every summer she would shave it clean off. That poor cat! She said she was doing it a favor but it never seemed to thrilled. Funny stuff.